TIPS TO KEEP YOUR CHROMEBOOK IN TIP TOP SHAPE
Protecting your Chromebook
- It would be best not to add any stickers or any other decorative items to the casing – other than those approved for use on ‘laptops’ – as the gum or residue may cause damage. We can ID label the base of the Chromebook on request using approved labelling tape.
- Best to use both hands when opening the Chromebooks.
- Always close the Chromebook before walking with it – remember it has an 8-second startup.
- Think about keeping it separate from textbooks and other heavy objects so as to prevent damage.
- Keep food and drink away from your Chromebook
- Do not leave it lying around.
Protecting your Chromebook Screen
- Despite it being ‘rugged’ by design, the Chromebook screen can still be damaged if subjected to rough treatment or excessive pressure on the screen.
- Do not lean on top of the Chromebook.
- Do not place anything near the Chromebook that could put pressure on the screen.
- Do not place anything on the keyboard before closing the lid (e.g. pens, pencils, notebooks).
Cleaning your Chromebook
- Do not use any chemicals or other liquids to clean your Chromebook, use a microfiber cloth to wipe down the screen.
Powering your Chromebook
- Chromebooks are required to be fully charged for when you arrive at school each day, the battery is designed to last the whole of the school day.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your Chromebook is fully charged for the school day as it will not be possible to charge them in school.
Protecting your Account
- Anytime you leave your Chromebook on your desk, close the lid so that no one can access your documents.
- Do not share your password with anyone!
IN CASE OF LIQUID SPILLAGE
1. Shut down the Chromebook immediately and disconnect the charger
2. Do not move the Chromebook unless it’s essential to do so
3. Do not drain excess liquid by tilting the Chromebook – this can cause more damage
4. Unplug any external devices attached to the Chromebook e.g printer
5. Remove the vessel that carried the liquid away from the Chromebook
6. Carefully wipe up any excess liquid with a clean cloth
7. Do not dry the Chromebook on a radiator
8. Do not continue to use the Chromebook
9. Report the incident to us without delay