Improving Links with school
We are constantly looking for ways to improve our links with you and keep everyone up-to-date and well informed. As sending written information home is sometimes unreliable; we have decided to implement Schoolcomms, an electronic school communication system. This will enable you to receive all your information from school quickly and reliably. We can send letters by email to your inbox and short messages directly to your mobile phone as a text message, or if you have an Apple or Android mobile phone, by app message.
- Receive letters more reliably and promptly
- See letters in your inbox like any other email
- Get a short text or app message if we need to contact you urgently
- Still get paper letters if you don’t have email
- Not need to rely on your child for delivery
- Be able to reply by email, text or app message, and be able to send us any reasons for absence via text, email or app message
- Send more letters and information
- Save money on admin time, printing and paper
- Contact you urgently when necessary
- The school will use the email address and mobile number that we hold for the Priority one contact(s). If you are not certain that we have your correct details, please inform the school either by email using this link Update Contact Details or by contacting the school office on 01665 602166
- If you do not have an Apple or Android device, skip to step 6
- Go to your app store and search for “School Gateway” and download the app
- Once downloaded, select the “I’m a New User” button; enter your email address and mobile number that we have on record for you. Select Send PIN and a PIN number will be text to your mobile phone
- Log in with your email address and the PIN, your account is now active and you will receive instant notifications of messages in your notifications bar
- For those without a Apple or Android device, the Schoolcomms School Gateway Parent Website can also be used to create a ‘New User’ account using your email address and mobile number that we hold for you. Use SEND PIN and a PIN number will be sent to your mobile phone. Use the Existing User page of the same website to then login to your new account with your email address and PIN.
- If you change your contact details please let the school know as soon as possible
Schoolcomms is registered with the data protection act. All information you provide will be kept private and will not be passed on to any other organisation. Your details will only be used for the purpose of school business. You will not receive any SPAM or marketing material.
FAQ for Parents
How will the emails get to me and what will they look like?
The emails will arrive in your inbox at your email address just like any other email and will have the name of your child’s school in the ‘From’ box
Will I get any advertising or SPAM?
No, the contact details are not shared with anyone except the administrator in your child’s school. You will only receive messages from Schoolcomms that have been sent by your school
What if I change my email address or mobile phone number?
Your school uses your details from their database. Please contact the school directly and inform them of any changes to your contact details
Can I reply to emails or texts?
For emails, click on the ’Reply’ button and send your message. Alternatively your email from school may give a specific address to reply to in the body of the message.
For text messages click on reply and send your message. Some schools may have this function switched off.
You may wish to save the text reply number in your mobile phone contacts list. You will only be charged your normal text message rate or it may be included in your free bundle
NB: you can only reply to the school from the email address or mobile number that is linked to the school. This helps prevent spam and nuisance messages
Will I get a message for each of my children?
If the message is identical, then duplicates will be removed and you will only get one copy to any one email address or phone number. If the message is personalised, and contains the name of your child, you will get one for each of your children concerned
I don’t want to get electronic communications
Contact the school and ask them to flag your name as opted out. Then you will only receive paper messages
School Gateway Guide for Parents 2020
A full guide for the School Gateway App can be viewed or downloaded via the link below
For issues or problems, do not hesitate to email